Cases of Invasive Group A Strep (iGAS) are rare. Some current cases are presenting with sepsis-like symptoms.
Be aware of important sepsis symptoms:
- Blue, pale or blotchy skin, lips or tongue – on darker skin, check for blueness on the lips, tongue or gums, under the nails or around the eyes
- Rash that doesn’t fade when you roll a glass over it
- Difficulty breathing
- Weak, high-pitched cry – not like their normal cry
- Not responding like normal, not interested in feeding or normal activities
- Being sleepier than normal or difficult to wake